Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recipe Favorite: Saffron Orzo with Asparagus

Thanks to the invention of the internet (you always did have my back, Al), I have tried to expand my culinary pursuits beyond the usual sauteed chicken breast with rice, or perhaps sauteed chicken breast with potatoes. Everyday at about 3pm (or sometimes as early as 10:30am), I am asked the question: "Umm ... so what do you want to do for dinner?" Translation: "What are you going to make for dinner?"

When posed this question, I have been more recently turning to my two favorite sites for recipes: Epicurious and, you guessed it, Martha Stewart. True, I have a plethora of fabulous cookbooks at home, but they don't allow me to easily search for recipes containing certain ingredients or, more importantly, help cure worktime boredom. It has been fun to expand my horizons and try my hand at new dishes, so I thought I would start sharing some of my favorites that have actually turned out.

I have already made Saffron Orzo with Asparagus (three times now due to popular demand) and it has become a favorite dinner staple already. I love cheese, Will loves prosciutto, and it makes a nice, comforting hot meal. I recommend doubling the recipe because it's delicious reheated the next day for lunch. Also, I have found that it tastes pretty much the same with or without the saffron, so no worries if you don't keep it in the house.

Link to the recipe here.

No comments: