So, here is an update of the past 1.5 months ….
What I’ve Done:
- I found gainful employment (and a paycheck). I work for a non-profit. Shocking! In fundraising. Unheard of! For a cancer organization. Get out of town! Yes, I have indeed landed in a lovely position at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and, YES, I work in San Francisco. Finally, after almost 5 years in Oakland! I now coordinate the Light The Night Walk in San Francisco. I work with absolutely lovely, fun people towards a great cause within the confines of my home city. What more is there to say? (Except, "Nicole, quit asking me for money for your blasted fundraisers …")
- I mastered another recipe courtesy of Ms. Martha that Will loves: Roast Pork Loin with potatoes, shallots, and mustard gravy. Post and photographic evidence to follow.
- I have become acutely aware that Spring has sprung in San Francisco. I have always been an Autumn-lover, but something about this Spring has really struck my fancy and made me feel awake and rejuvenated.
- Today is Will and I’s 2.5 year anniversary. Past this point, I will no longer be counting half years because it’s just silly. The apartment is loaded to the gills with flowers from Easter, so you’re off the hook, buddy.
- Learned about wonderful baby news from a friend who inspired me to blog in the first place. Congratulations, Brooke!!!!
- Explored the finest craft supply places in SF with an unscathed Jill following her safe return from South America.
- Saw Alice in Wonderland in 3-D with my mom. Quiet, haters, I loved it!
- Raided the Farmer’s Market for an Easter feast.
- Successfully re-habbed a piece of furniture from Craigslist. Future career? You be the judge. (Post and pictures to follow!)
What I’ve Not Done:
- Ride that bike.
- Decorate my new office (ok, cubicle).
- Used the ridiculously cute knitting patterns from the ridiculously cute book I bought when Jill and I visited ImagiKnit (because I do not know how to knit).
Goals for April:
- Ride that bike (helmets be damned).
- Do the "House Tour" posts I have always meant to do.
- Start composting.
- Drink 64 ounces of water every day.
- Back-Post like gangbusters:
*The remainder of my Golden Gate Park pictures from my brief yet blissful time of unemployment.
*Valentine’s Day crafty mccrafty-ness.
*An intriguing (to me) examination of neighborhood displays.
*Other stuff upon a more careful perusal of my iPhone snaps.
- I would not mind using that canner I bought in, umm...., September? Apple butter? Strawberry jam? Who knows. I just want to use it.
- Not posting about a bike-related injury would be grand. No seriously, last time I was on a bike I broke my elbow and it made for a pretty lame post-high school graduation summer.
- Maybe just a little tinge of slightly-less-white from a fabulous Vegas getaway with my best girls!
- Take a knitting class from ImagiKnit (chance this could fall into May).
- Keep smelling all these beautiful Spring flowers that send me into a dreamy daze of happiness.
Incidentally, the picture above is of Peter looking longingly at Hugh Grant. No obvious connection to the post that I can see, but let's face it, we all stare at Hugh.